During construction of a storm water drain from the new development there is a temporary update to the usual procedure, detailed below.
- Proceed through main gate, continue straight across to second boom. If you have a DSBC, DUC, or Umhlanga number you can proceed directly to the beach.
- If your boat number isn’t a club number payment needs to be made at the second boom. If you are a member with a non-club number verify that you are on the relevant register so you won’t be charged.
- Please keep the entrance / roadway access clear while you are signing the register and preparing your boat. You can proceed through the boom and stop on the grass on the pier if there is congestion.
- It is in your interests to remember to deflate your tyres to avoid getting stuck in the sand which leads to congestion as others come to your recovery. The tractors will only attend to you after they have launched all boats in the queue. Please be considerate and only self – launch if you have the right vehicle and know how to drive on the sand. If not sure, ask for help from experienced ‘self-launchers’ outside of peak times.
- When you return, please keep the roadway outside the office clear while you sign yourself back in.