Our club is a licensed premises and as such no alcohol may be brought on to the premises.
- The use of all club facilities is at your own risk.
- Speed limit in the club grounds is 15km/hour.
- The security at the gate reserves the right to take your loyalty card if it doesn’t open the boom gate and request you to go to the admin office.
- Membership card can be requested to be presented at any time.
- Strictly no dogs allowed in the Clubhouse.
- No ball games allowed in the Clubhouse.
- Bad behavior, foul language and being a nuisance to others are not acceptable on club grounds. Members will be held responsible for any damage caused by them, their visitors or their families.
- No club property to be removed from the club premises!
WHO ARE WE?
Durban Ski-Boat Club is one of the largest Ski Boat Clubs in the country and hosts the biggest Off Shore Fishing Competition in the world every April. Although primarily a fishing club, it is also a great place for families to spend the weekend. Durban Ski Boat Club shares the Point Water Sports Club facility with Durban Undersea Club. The Point Water Sports Clubhouse is situated under the Point promenade. It is a short walk across the sand to the best beach in Durban which is ideal for families, especially those with small children, as there are no strong currents or pounding surf to deal with while having a swim in the warm Indian Ocean, protected by Vetch’s Pier. Please note that the area is a public launch site so it is best to swim further north, closer to Vetchies Pier, as boats launch at any time of the day. Always keep a look out while on the sand or in the sea to keep safe!
Durban Ski Boat Club is one of the oldest fishing clubs in the country.
This can be confirmed when you see that we have a number of gentlemen in our 100 Club. This means that their age plus their number of years as a member of DSBC is equal to 100 or over. These are people we are very privileged to still have as members.
We have finally made it to our spectacular new clubhouse (shared with Durban Undersea Club) after a three year stay at the temporary site after the old DSBC clubhouse was demolished to make way for the Point Promenade. Our club is housed underneath the promenade with direct access to the beach.