Dear DUC and DSBC Members
With the movement to Level 2 Lockdown Covid regulations we have been inundated with members asking if the club is now open.
Here is the updated situation:
The following club facilities will be available this weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 6am to 3pm:
- The undercover parking will be available for use but bays are limited due to ongoing construction and storage of materials and equipment. We will first fill up the open gravel parking that we have been using the last few months and then send the overflow to the undercover parking.
- The club ablutions will be available for use. They still require some fitting out like toilet roll holders, mirrors, soap dispensers, etc but they are operational including showers. Water pressure is a bit low due to the water pipe construction in Point Road.
- The Coffee counter will be open and selling coffees, cooldrinks and a very limited selection of alcoholic drinks – quarts of beer and Savannah Ciders to be drunk out of the bottle – there will some limited glasses available.
- As the kitchen is not ready for use, a very limited take away menu similar to the car park kiosk – bacon and egg rolls and hot dogs rolls and chips around lunch time. This will be while stocks last.
- Seating will be available along the deck – please note beaches are still out of bounds.
- Club office will be manned for membership queries and payments.
AREAS OUT OF BOUNDS
Construction is ongoing over the weekend in the clubhouse and members are asked not to enter areas other than those that have been opened to the members. Construction safety rules are in place (hard hats, closed shoes etc) and the workers also don’t need constant interruptions with deadlines looming.
BEACHES AND LAUNCHES
We have been asked by Metro to remind members that the beaches are still closed until the municipality has finalised its paperwork, procedures and deregulation. We expect that the beaches will only be reopened in the course of the next week.
So still no self-launching of boats, no walking on the beach and no swimming.
Please be patient
The staff are a bit nervous of what to expect from the members this weekend as we are not yet up to full staff and operational level with only one till point so please bear with us if we are overwhelmed with demand this weekend.
See you at the club
The PWSC Team